On a physical level the benefits you will get from a massage are
- Relieving back and neck aches and headaches.
- Easing muscle tension and other tight tissue.
- Aiding recovery from injury.
- Increasing joint and muscle flexibility which will increase your range of motion.
- Improving lymphatic and blood circulation.
- Improving skin health and toning your skin and muscles.
- Stimulating your immune system.
- Stimulating the removal of toxins from your body.
- Assisting in the reduction of high blood pressure.
- Triggering the release of mood altering brain chemicals such as endorphins which can reduce pain and give you a sense of well-being.
- Reducing fatigue and increasing energy levels.
On an emotional level the benefits you will get from a massage are
- Reducing stress and anxiety levels.
- Releasing nervous tension.
- Improving the quality of sleep, helping with insomnia and other disruptive sleep patterns.
- Improving concentration and creativity and boosting your ability to think clearly.
- Generally make you feel good, bringing about a sense of calm and well-being.